Students are required to bring the 2015 PALS Provider Manual to class. You may purchase a paperbackmanual as an add-on when you register for your class on our website. You can also call, email, or stop by our Downtown Santa Cruz location to purchase your book from our student store. The AHA also has a eBooks available for purchase for ACLS, BLS & PALS! Click the button below to purchase and download your PALS eBook.
The PALS course is designed to provide pediatric healthcare providers with the knowledge and skills necessary to efficiently and effectively manage critically ill infants and children. The course is aimed at professionals who must be credentialed as a requirement for employment or practice.
This course covers:
- Pediatric emergencies
- Concepts of a systematic approach to pediatric assessment
- PALS treatment algorithms
- Effective resuscitation team dynamics
This course is intended for:
- Emergency room, family and other physicians
- Physician assistants
- Nurses and Nurse Practitioners
- Intensive-Care and Critical-care providers
- Other providers required to initiate and direct advanced life support in pediatric emergencies